What is an anal douche?
An anal douche is a soft rubber or silicone bulb with a removable nozzle for internal cleaning. The douche is filled with (no warmer than) lukewarm water, which is then squeezed into the butt for an anal cleanse. Some folks prefer to douche if they know they have a long session of anal play & penetration ahead of them.
How to use an anal douche
Here's how to get yourself, your butt and your douche ready for action:
- The douche and nozzle must be clean to avoid the spread of bacteria.
- Water should be lukewarm, or slightly cooler, to avoid burning the delicate anal lining.
- Apply anal lube to both nozzle and anus, and relax your anus with a clean finger before inserting the nozzle.
- Stand with one leg up on the loo or side of the tub for easier access.
- Take a deep breath and gently insert the lubed-up nozzle while breathing out.
- Slowly squeeze the bulb to squirt the liquid inside.
- Hold the liquid inside for a few seconds before letting it out.
- Repeat the process until the water runs out clean or until the bulb is empty.
Time to Douche
If you use a douche, give yourself enough time to expel all water. Use the douche about two hours before you expect to get sexy. Ignoring the time between douching and playing may mean that you get an unwelcome rush of water gushing out, so… Give your body time to rid itself of the liquid!
Douching isn't something you should be doing regularly - your butt won't thank you for the interference, even if it makes you feel cleaner. You risk damaging your anus and intestinal lining, even when you take care.