Keeping a bottle of lube by your bed is liberating. It removes worries about not being wet enough, plus adds a delicious slide to any ride. Our first recommendation for lube is always water-based. Keep reading to find out why.
Water-based lube is the most popular lube.
Water-based lube is a fantastic option for all kinds of sex play. It's easy to wash from your body and bedsheets. Water-based lube offers a variety of consistencies; light, slick, silky rich or thick. There's a water-based lube for everybody, even the most sensitive souls!
Whichever water-based lube you choose, they all share the same characteristics:
- Water-based lube is safe to use with condoms and other latex barriers.
- Water-based lube is easy to wash from your body and sheets.
- Water-based lube is suitable for all kinds of sex and can be used with all toys.
Which lube is best for you?
- If you like silky and lightweight lube, Sh! Liquid is a fantastic option
- For a thicker, more viscous suitable for anal sex, Sh! Pure Plus is your best option
- Not a fan of lubes with bitter after-taste? Sh! Pure has no scent or taste.
- Do you prefer organic products? YES lube is for you.
- You can even choose stimulating or warming lube for extra sensations!
Got an itchy vagina after sex?
Your lubricant could be the culprit. We strongly advise avoiding the well-known brand name that you can buy in supermarkets - we've heard hundreds of women & vulva-owners complain about itchiness or burning after using one of these. The bottles look fun and the taste is fruity, but... They make your vagina sad. Bin the bottle babes, it's time to find a better lube!
If you are prone to yeast infections like thrush, best avoid lubricants that contain glycerin. Glycerin is a form of sugar, and thrush thrives on sugar. It's unlikely that a personal lube will give you thrush, but it can help create a vaginal environment it would like to visit.
It's also possible that you are allergic to one of the ingredients in your lubricant. A common lube ingredient that can cause an allergic reaction is paraben (a preservative). If you know you are sensitive to paraben, we recommend our two plainest and most popular lubes, Sh! Pure or Sh! Pure Plus.